The 15 promises
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall
receive powerful graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall
recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease
sin, and defeat heresies
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the
abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of people from the love of the
world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh,
that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration
of its Sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not
chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be
just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the
Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at
their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of
death they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall
have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the
hour of death
14. All who recite the Rosary are my children, and brothers and sisters of my only
Son, Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Blessing of the Rosary
1. Sinners are forgiven.
2. Souls that thirst are refreshed.
3. Those who are fettered have their bonds broken.
4. Those who weep find happiness
5. Those who are tempted find peace.
6. The poor find help.
7. Religious are reformed.
8. Those who are ignorant are instructed.
9. The living learn to overcome pride.
10. The dead (the Holy Souls) have their pains eased by suffrages.
Benefits of the Rosary
1. It gradually gives us a perfect knowledge of Jesus Christ.
2. It purifies our souls, washing away sin.
3. It gives us victory over all our enemies.
4. It makes it easy for us to practice virtue.
5. It sets us on fire with love of Our Lord.
6. It enriches us with graces and merits.
7. It supplies us with what is needed to pay all our debts to God and to our fellow
men; and finally, it obtains all kinds of graces for us from Almighty God.
An indulgence is the remission before God of the temporal punishment due to sins whose guilt has already been forgiven, a remission, which one of the faithful, properly disposed and under certain definite conditions, can acquire through the Church, which authoritatively dispenses, applying the treasure of the satisfactions of Christ and the Saints.
An indulgence is either PLENARY or PARTIAL, depending upon whether it frees one from the whole or from a part of the temporal punishment due to sin.
This means that one of the faithful who, with at least a contrite heart, performs a work enriched with a partial indulgence, is granted by the power of the Church that same amount of remission of temporal punishment as he has already obtained by the work itself. In other words, the remission is doubled, and that as often as the work prescribed is performed. A plenary indulgence means a full remission of temporal punishment, provided that several other conditions apply, in addition to the work performed or prayer said.
The faithful, whenever they recite a third part of the Rosary with devotion, may gain:
A partial indulgence
A Plenary indulgence on the usual conditions, if they do this for an entire month.
If they recite a third part of the Rosary in company with others, wheter in public or in private, they may gain:
A partial indulgence, once a day;
A plenary indulgence on the last Sunday of each month, with the addition of Confession, Communion and a visit to a church or a public oratory, if they perform such a recitation at least three times in any of the preceding weeks.
If however they recite this together in family group, besides the partial indulgence, they are granted:
A plenary indulgence twice a month, if they perform this recitation, daily for a month, go to confession, receive Holy Communion, and visit some church or public oratory.
The faithful who daily recite a third part of the Rosary with devotion in a family group besides the indulgences already granted under 1. are also granted a Plenary indulgence on condition of Confession and Communion on each Saturday, on two other days of the week, and on each of the Feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Universal Calendar namely: the Immaculate Conception, the Purification, the Apparition of our Blessed Lady at Lourdes, the Annunciation, the Seven Dolors (Friday of Passion Week), the Visitation, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel; Our Lady of the Snows, the Assumption, the Immaculate Heart of Mary, the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin, the Seven Dolors (Sept 15), Our Lady of Ransom, the Most Holy Rosary, the Maternity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin.
Those who piously recite a third part of the Rosary in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, publicly exposed or even reserved in the tabernacle, as often as they do this, may gain:
A plenary indulgence, on conditon of confession and Communion.
The faithful who at any time of the year devoutly offer their prayers in honor of our Lady of the Rosary, with the intention of continuing the same for 9 consecutive days, may gain:
A partial indulgence on any day of the novena;
A plenary indulgence on the usual conditions at the close of the novena.
The faithful who resolve to perform a devout exercise in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary for 15 uninterrupted Saturdays (or these being impeded, for any respective Sundays immediately following) if they devoutly recite at least a third part of the Rosary or meditate on its mysteries in some other manner may gain:
A plenary indulgence on the usual conditions on any of these 15 Saturdays, or corresponding Sundays.
The faithful who during the month of October recite at least a third part of the Rosary, either publicly or privately, may gain:
A partial indulgence each day;
A plenary indulgence, if they perform this devout exercise on the Feast of the Rosary and throughout the Octave, and moreover, go to confession, receive Holy Communion and visit a church;
A plenary indulgence, with the addition of confession, Communion and visit to a church, if they perform this same recitation of the Holy Rosary for at least 10 days after the Octave of the aforesaid Feast.
A partial indulgence may be gained once a day by the faithful who kissing a blessed Rosary, which they carry with them, at the same time recite the first part of the Hail Mary up to "Jesus" inclusive.