My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://catholicfamilyvignettes.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dona nobis pacem

"Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum!" These are the beautiful words pronounced at every holy Mass, no matter the language or culture. "The Peace of the Lord be always with you!" Our Lord walked among us. He lived, He loved, He laughed, He wept, He argued, He suffered and died. All that we might have salvation. That we might have peace. Always. How many things I allow to disturb that peace! I don't rest enough, pray enough, praise enough, thank enough...and then wonder at the disquiet within my soul. St. Peter and St. Martha...here I am. Boldly proclaiming my faith as St. Peter did, only to discover my weakness. "Anxious about many things" as St. Martha was, and frequently feeling that my efforts go unnoticed. Yet, here is the comfort...SAINT Peter and SAINT Martha. Their failings and the recognition of their weaknesses allowed our Lord His place in perfecting them. It was not through their efforts, but their cooperation with His actions in their lives. Catholics call this "grace". And His grace alone suffices for all things.

So, once again, I "fail forward towards success"...surrounded by the people I love most in this world and blessed beyond measure. Deo gratias!

No comments: