My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://catholicfamilyvignettes.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Tea and candles


How do you console the suffering, the ones who didn't get to attend Candlemas and a First Holy Communion?

With tea and candles...



Thanks to dad who remembered his suffering family, bringing home a variety of over the counter pharmaceuticals and yummy teas. Not to mention the oh-so-important blessed candles.

Charlotte is very ill, at present. Please continue to pray for her recovery. Little Emily is bouncing back like a rubber ball...she is so much happier today. Gareth has joined the ranks of the sick. Meanwhile, we continue to pray that none of the other children will fall to this dreadful virus.

Thank you for your prayers, dear friends. A blessed First Saturday and Candlemas to you all!
And here is the rest of it.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Sorry to hear you all have it. I took my gang to the doctor on Friday -- convinced it had progressed to something bacterial, but, no. They are on the mend. And the doctor did a flu test and it wasn't that, although the symptoms looked identical. They are still coughing and now Doug has come down with it.

Lots of hot tea with honey, cough drops, Vick's VapoRub, and chicken soup will get you through. And lots of rest (have some movies?).

I'll remember you at Mass today.

Kimberly said...

Thanks Barb!

We've been following your prescription. And I've been concerned about the "bacterial" thing, as well. I'm going to follow your advice and keep watch.

Thank you for your prayers!

Barbara said...

Fortunately the doc gave me prescriptions for antibiotics if I need them -- the kids are still coughing their heads off and I think I'll fill the prescriptions today. What a nasty bug -- must be the devil's.