My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://catholicfamilyvignettes.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 9, 2007

St. Thomas Aquinas - Patron of Sacred Heart Academy


My eldest son has chosen our patron for the 2007 - 2008 school year. St. Thomas Aquinas, the "Angelic Doctor" was his first choice, without hesitation. Clarity of mind, purity of spirit, unsurpassed intellect and a living faith. St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for the teacher and scholars of Sacred Heart Academy. Here is an excellent prayer for students, by our beloved saint:

A Student's Prayer

Creator of all things,
true source of light and wisdom,
origin of all being,
graciously let a ray of your light penetrate
the darkness of my understanding.

Take from me the double darkness
in which I have been born,
an obscurity of sin and ignorance.

Give me a keen understanding,
a retentive memory, and
the ability to grasp things
correctly and fundamentally.

Grant me the talent
of being exact in my explanations
and the ability to express myself
with thoroughness and charm.

Point out the beginning,
direct the progress,
and help in the completion.

I ask this through Christ our Lord.
Amen.
---St. Thomas Aquinas

1 comment:

KRISLYNNE LYONS said...

I liked the prayer so much, that I copied and laminated it to put on my schoolboard, to be prayed daily.

Thanks you Kimberly