My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://catholicfamilyvignettes.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Breakfast for my dear husband at 2:00 a.m. Lunch packed, as well.

Time to plow! God bless him, and the many men like him, venturing into the dark to improve the roads for those brave enough to venture out at dawn's first light.

It is the eve of the Feast Of St. Nicholas, and I got my gift early. The first significant snowfall of the season is upon us, and I'm giddy!
As I sit typing, my children are sprinting down the stairs, voices raised in joyful chorus: It's snowing! How beautiful! Oh, it's lovely! Can we go outside now?

I'll be right there, with them! There were no "snow days" when I was a child. I grew up in Jacksonville, Florida. I remember many Christmas days spent in short sleeves, riding my bike in the 70 degree weather. For this big kid...YUCK! I'll take the blustery cold, the blowing snow, yes...even sleet.

This afternoon, a very tired Dad will return home and park the plow...but not before he plows the circular drive and creates the most enormous snow mountain ever!

Pictures of the snow "mansion" to follow...meanwhile, enjoy this:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Snow! I love snow! We hardly have it here in North Texas. Usually just once a year and it hardly manages to stay for more than a day. Perhaps one day we'll move and that'll change...For now, I am influenced by the green-eyed monster!