My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://catholicfamilyvignettes.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Motu Proprio!!


The motu proprio liberating the Tridentine Mass for the entire Catholic Church has been given to about 30 bishops from all over the world in the Sala Bologna of the Apostolic Palace by Vatican Secretary of State Tarcisio Cardinal Bertone

Vatican (kath.net/DieWelt/closedcafeteria.blogspot)
Die Welt report that the motu proprio liberating the Tridentine Mass for the entire Catholic Church has been given to about 30 bishops from all over the world in the Sala Bologna of the Apostolic Palace by Vatican Secretary of State Tarcisio Cardinal Bertone.

The bishops had been invited to Rome for that purpose. At the end of the meeting, in which the motu proprio was introduced together with a letter of explanation by Pope Benedict XVI., Pope Benedict met with the bishops. The document is about three pages long, the accompanying letter about four. From Germany, Cardinal Lehmann had been invited. The circumstances of the procedure make clear that the Pope was very interested to personally inform the bishops, in collegial manner, of the content rather than from the media. The publication of both documents will take place on July 7th. It emphasizes the unity of the Roman Rite which will consist of an ordinary and an extraordinary form which are supposed to inspire each other. The ordinary/regular form will continue to be the new rite of 1969. The extraordinary form will be the Missal of Bl. John XXIII. of 1962.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Very interesting. I am curious to see how this all turns out and what the actual text reads, but many have been excited for a while about this

Kimberly Wasson said...

Indeed, Mary, there is a tremendous amount of speculation as to just how "liberal" this liberalization will be.