My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://catholicfamilyvignettes.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A warning, perhaps?

From CNN:

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Call it bad timing.

When former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani was asked to respond to recent comments from a religious leader likening him to Pontius Pilate, the Roman governor who condemned Jesus to be crucified, lightning from outside the debate site briefly cut off his microphone.

Giuliani couldn’t pass up commenting on the strange coincidence, joking, “For someone who went to parochial schools all his life, this is a frightening thing that’s happening right now.”

Giuliani then defended his religious beliefs and his position on abortion.

“Religion is an important thing to me and my life, but ultimately I’ve been in public life most of my life, and taken oaths of office to enforce the law, and I’ve got to make the decisions that I think are the right ones in a country like ours,” he said.

“My view on abortion is that it’s wrong but that ultimately, government should not be enforcing that decision on a woman.”

–CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

You may view the video here

No comment...the video speaks volumes...

No comments: