My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://catholicfamilyvignettes.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Just around the corner...


18 years. I can't believe it. My little girl, my Meredith, will be 18 in just a few days.

Yesterday, we spent the day in orientation and advising for college. She is so very excited...filled with the joy that comes with anticipating an adventure.

As we were strolling past the school supplies in a local store, she exclaimed: "School supplies! I get to buy my own school supplies for a real school! OH! Umm...sorry mom, you know what I mean don't you?"

Sigh,(deep cleansing breath)...of course, I do. Independence, that's what she means. Thank heavens she's only commuting!

Independence...a few steps at a time.

Here's a little slideshow (it might load a little slowly after clicking the "read more" link), a brief glimpse into 18 years of life with this wonderful girl...we love you sweetie!

3 comments:

Joyful Catholic said...

She's beautiful. The time goes by so fast. We are emptynesters and I only wish we'd have not been so selfish in our early years of our marriage and had had more children...(the faulty "okay" we got about contraception from our priest didn't help.) The 70's what a "sloppy" time in the diocese where we were.

I love your blog and posted your link on our link list. Drop by sometime.

PAX,
susie

Kimberly said...

Thank you for your kind words...we are blessed in so many ways. Dropped by your blog...wonderful! I've added you, as well! Blessings to you and your family.

Allison said...

Kimberly, what a bittersweet time for you all.

You write this with such poignancy!

Enjoy these milestone moments and your beautiful family!

Allison www.TotusTuusFamily.blogspot.com