My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://catholicfamilyvignettes.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lunar Eclipse

The alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. For a brief moment, I was sorely tempted to roll over and hit snooze. After all...it might be cloudy. Definitely chilly. And wet.

I had promised to wake them.

Donning slippers and a shawl, I slipped into the darkness and stepped over to the side of the house, to observe the glory of the moon at the beginning of the lunar eclipse.



So I woke them.



What a blast! Extremely chilly boys, wrapped in blankets and polar fleece, braved the wet grass and observed the finest example of a total lunar eclipse, that this mom has ever seen. Not to mention the finest view of Orion that we have seen all summer.









An hour later, greeted by the rainbow hues of the morning sky at sunrise, we venture back to the house for an extremely early breakfast. And coffee.




I'm going to need a LOT of coffee today. And this.

It was SO worth it. The pictures are pretty good, thanks to Meredith's fabulous camera...though mom's skills are somewhat lacking. I'm just not a terrific photographer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow -- you are one great Mom! Those look like some sleepy boys, but they think you are just the greatest, I'm sure. Great pics too!