My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://catholicfamilyvignettes.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

My mistake

This is a zucchini plant:



This is a cucumber plant:



Now...I'm not a complete amateur. I have been gardening for several years. I have grown both cucumbers and zucchini. This year...I am truly embarrassed.

I purchased a "six-pack" of zucchini plants, as I was a little negligent in starting my seeds. As the plants began to grow, my husband AND children said "those are cucumbers." "NO! They are not cucumbers...they are zucchini plants", I insisted.

Even when the first little prickly vegetable showed up and the children said "that is definitely a cucumber," I persisted in my assertion.

Alas...more cucumbers.

I purchased a zucchini...and my cruel husband said, "What! You purchased a zucchini? Aren't you growing zucchini?"

Evil man.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...

No comments: