My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://catholicfamilyvignettes.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

From the wisdom of St. Francis De Sales...


From today's Daily with De Sales:

What a great mystery the human spirit is! Religious would like to sing the song of the bishops, and married people that of religious, "so as to serve God better," they say. You fool yourself, my dear friend. You should not say you want to do this to love and serve God better, but to serve your self-satisfaction better. It is your own self-satisfaction that you love, far more than God's satisfaction! The will of God, for example, can be found in sickness and as a general rule even better than in good health. If we prefer good health, please do no let us say we do so because we want to serve God better. (T.L.G. Book 3, Ch. 10; O. V, p. 140)

Thanks, St. Francis. You always set me straight...

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

Great post! Hit me right between the eyes and set me straight, too.

Thanks for the link. I love St. Francis DeSales. I read and re-read his Introduction to the Devout Life.