My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://catholicfamilyvignettes.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Night school...


9:00 p.m.

The time that all children should be sleeping peacefully in their beds.

Except mine. I taught the last class of the day at 9:00 p.m. last night. After battling the scholars all day long to finish up "this and that", I was pretty sure we were finished for the evening by 6:30 p.m.

Until Gareth reminded me he had not read to me. How I wanted to turn him away! D-O-N-E...and T-I-R-E-D! But there he was, a sweet smile and an innocent request.

So we read. And I praised him for his fine effort and desire to finish all of his subjects.
If only he and his siblings had been so motivated, earlier in the week! Our extended Christmas vacation has thrown everything off balance. I'm still trying to put the house in order, take down Christmas decorations, teach school, cook, and maintain my sanity while trying to motivate the children.

This is perhaps the toughest "back to school" week that we've experienced in quite some time. Our school days typically start by 8:30 a.m. and end by no later than 2:00 p.m.--with lunch and breaks in between. This week's schedule has been full of starts and stops, outside interruptions, illness and just plain laziness!

As I told a dear friend last night, I was hopeful that this week would end better than it started. That the children would "find their footing and get down to business". She reminded me that the next day was Friday and the week would be over.
Time flies even when you're not having fun!

So, dear friends...say a little prayer for this homeschool family. No major catastrophes--just a few grumpy people that really haven't felt like doing school this week. Even the college student is having a bad week.

Next week will be better...next week will be better...next week will be better...

No comments: