My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://catholicfamilyvignettes.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Making progress...


I'm getting it...the mental block is gone, and I'm finally making sense of the needle tatting patterns.

Yippee!

Why am I so excited? Well, it is certainly nice to learn something new...I'm walking proof that you can teach and old dog, new tricks!

My excitement, however, is spawned more by information given by an FSSP seminarian that this new craft can serve my Church. It is extremely difficult for priests serving the Traditional Latin Mass to find high quality surplices, altar cloths, purificators and other necessities, all of which are embellished with lace. Lace is both a symbol of joy and purity, and what greater joy than to embellish the surplice of a holy priest of God.

I'm going to try. I'm completing projects very quickly now, learning the more difficult aspects of pattern reading. I'll keep you posted...St. Sebastian, patron of lacemakers and the saint who chose me for 2008, pray for me!

2 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Wow, that is beautiful. No doubt you got the right patron saint ;-)

Kimberly said...

Thank you for the lovely compliment, Esther!