My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://catholicfamilyvignettes.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Never forget...


48,632,071 little lives lost since January 22, 1973.

Thirty-five years of Roe vs. Wade. Thirty-five years of legalized infanticide. Thirty-five years of "civil" war on the front lines of the pro-life crusade. Thirty-five years of political doublespeak.

Thirty-five years of prayer and sacrifice.

From the USCCB:

In all the dioceses of the United States of America, January 22 (or January 23, when January 22 falls on a Sunday) shall be observed as a particular day of penance for violations to the dignity of the human person committed through acts of abortion, and of prayer for the full restoration of the legal guarantee of the right to life. The Mass “For Peace and Justice” (no. 22 of the “Masses for Various Needs”) should be celebrated with violet vestments as an appropriate liturgical observance for this day.

General Instruction of the Roman Missal, no. 373

Shall we pray? From Priests For Life:

Prayer to End Abortion


Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life,
And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.
I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion,
Yet I rejoice that you have conquered death
by the Resurrection of Your Son.
I am ready to do my part in ending abortion.
Today I commit myself
Never to be silent,
Never to be passive,
Never to be forgetful of the unborn.
I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement,
And never to stop defending life
Until all my brothers and sisters are protected,
And our nation once again becomes
A nation with liberty and justice
Not just for some, but for all,
Through Christ our Lord. Amen!

May God bless all of the good pilgrims on their way to our nation's capital to give witness to the sanctity of human life.

No comments: